485 File transferred from TSC to NSC

Pora

I got a mail about the transfer of my case from TSC to NSC. Is there anyone who is in same boat? Please advice if this is normal and if there is anything I can do. Here are my details.

EB3 Priority Date 25 Sep 2006

I485 applied in July 2007

EB2 I140 Approved in Apr 2010 and old PD ported

Current in June 2011 Bulletin

Added spouse for I485 at Nebraska Service Center on June 1st

Raised SR for Primary case on July 1st

Does anyone know what would have triggered this transfer? How long does it take? DOes the SR raised in TSC still valid?

Thanks

Hi Pora !

Did you find any information on why your application was transferred?

My case is pending at TSC. We mailed my Wife's application on July 1st to the Phoneix lock box. I was thinking that my wife's application would be processed at TSC (same as mine). But,after getting the receipt notice, we saw that my wife's application was sent to NSC. Not sure why?

Do we have to call and ask them to transfer my wife's application to TSC?

Can I raise an SR on my case? or will it triger any transfers and delay it further?

I would really appreciate any information you have ...

Thanks

1217 & Jignesh1972,

I got snail mail on June 30 stating my application is transferred from TSC to NSC and on July 8 my online status got updated saying my file is transferred from NSC to TSC (Not sure if SR triggered this)

The good part is someone did touch my case but bad part is we have no clue whats this moving all about.

Wait for 30days and raise an SR and I believe it is common that the spouse applications are sent to different center than the primary.

Hope to hear the good news soon.

Guys,

Today I got an email confirmation that my app is being processed in uscis office. Don't know what does this mean.

Initial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

• 2 months later...

Hi Pora

I am in the same boat. My case got transferred from TSC to NSC and then from NSC to USCIS office on 19th sept. Not sure whats happening.

Can you let me know what happened to your case? Did USCIS call you for interview? I guess once the case moves to USCIS office, they complete the interview ( if needed), do security check etc.

Please let me know what happened to your case.

Sidharth

Originally posted by Pora:

Guys,

Today I got an email confirmation that my app is being processed in uscis office. Don't know what does this mean.

Initial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Pora,

Any updates? I am in a similar boat

EB3 Priority Date Aug 2005

I485 applied in July 2007 at NSC

EB2 I140 Approved in June 2011 and old PD ported. I now live in Texas.

I got an email and a letter in the mail saying that my case (I1485) has been transferred from NSC to TSC. This happened on Aug 24, 2011. Nothing seems to have happened since then !!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All,

After multiple service requests i finally got my green card on Feb 3. It took close to 7.5 years.. but finally i have it.

My interfile I140 got approved in June 2011, but the card didnt come till feb 2012. My priority date was aug 2005 so it was always current.

thanks all to the forum members who have helped me out in all these years.

All,

After multiple service requests i finally got my green card on Feb 3. It took close to 7.5 years.. but finally i have it.

My interfile I140 got approved in June 2011, but the card didnt come till feb 2012. My priority date was aug 2005 so it was always current.

thanks all to the forum members who have helped me out in all these years.

Congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived