Visitor visa extension I 94

pranaj

Hi,

I am planning to extend my parents visitor visa for 6 more months since they wanted to stay for some more time and visit few other relatives in U.S. Originally they got usual 6 months and now we are planning for 6 more months. I decided to apply through ELIS and when I searched for my mom's I-94 record online it did not show up(my dad's came up without any issues). I called the CBP for I-94 correction and every time they say they corrected it but I would not get the result. I had to do this calling and asking to correct for 3-5 days. (I also kept checking the online I-94 site many times during those days). Finally it worked on 5th day and I got the result, but the officer who corrected today asked me a lot of questions (more like asked during visa interview and during port of entry). My case was perfectly legal and I follow all rules to make sure my parents face no difficulties. His questions included ,

1) why I need this I-94?

For visitor extension ( 42 days left for original I-94 expiry)

2) why I need extension?( they wanted to visit more places)

3) why they initiated travelled in winter?(being from a hot place in India they really wanted to enjoy the snow and cold weather, but travel itself was limited to less places due to weather)

4) what status I am currently in ? H1B

5) what was parents original return flight ticket date? 2 days before I-94 expiry

While I answered everything correctly and honestly I was not prepared for this. I am really worried now if I apply now would they have mark anything specific against my mom's or both parents visa thereby the extension getting denied and also causing problems to their 10 yr visa and also further visa applications.

My question is can the officer really mark something like that while I only called to get the I-94 corrected ?

Please advise.

Archived