Arrest for domestic violence

abma

i was arrested in my last semester of school for domestic violence which happened with my girlfriend.

This was an argument which happened and at that time in moment of heat my elbow touched her mouth and was hurt on lips ,suddenly her supervisor came into the scene and totally misunderstood the situation and called the cops and I was arrested but when the things calmed down the next day all the charges were dropped and the case was cancelled and I was set free with no bond payment or any punishment or classes to be taken as it was not my intention to hurt her .

This is the only thing which ended on a wrong note in my whole life so far as rest of me is completely clean.

After my studies completion ,got Job and also h1b is been approved .

Now I'm planing to visit my home country for visa stamping and I have couple of question regarding this .

Is domestic violence consider as a criminal case ?

Will there be any issues for my stamping ?

Are there chances of my visa rejection due to this case of mine?

Please suggest me on this and prior actions to be taken before I visit for visa interview or any one who has similar story to share and got stamped or whatever happened .

Will really appreciated the suggestions and help ...thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You would be fine, but remember when you submit the DS-160 form please state all the details don't hide anything tell the truth,

at one of the section it ask you are you arrested say yes then it will open the box, in that put you all the case details,

even at the interview also tell all the truth, because the US immigration will have all the details even if the case is dismissed.

Carry all the case papers while attending the interview.

GOOD LUCK.

• 4 months later...

Whether domestic violence is a crime depends on the particular circumstances, as considerably as the laws of the state in which the act or acts occur.  Often domestic violence is both a criminal offense subject to criminal punishment and a civil wrong subject to restraint upon personal conduct and an award of a money damages in a civil lawsuit.

Archived