Mom's B2 (10 yr multi) expires on July 31 2015. Re-apply? or Extend?

nycngp

Hi,

Mom's B2 (10 yr multi) expires on July 31. She plans to visit from May - October 2015 this year. 

So, Should we re-apply for a fresh B2 Visa again? If so, When is a good time? Will it cause any problems if We re-apply for a new B2-Visa in (say) March/April while she has an active B2 Visa already? 

The thing is, I don't want to apply for a fresh B2- after she is here.. because that would mean, we would need to travel to Canada for the stamping...  or Not sure if I-539 will be applicable in this case. 

appreciate all the thoughts/ answers.

Thank you

G

• 2 weeks later...

My mom went today to renew her visa 10 year multiple visa expired on Jan 16th... she had to go only for the finger print...

I am sponsering her I gave all the required papers ... but the officer did not take any paper from my mom except the passport,appointment letter and DS 160 confirmation...

NOT sure if this is issue... are they supposed to the sponsor papers.

My mom went today to renew her visa 10 year multiple visa expired on Jan 16th... she had to go only for the finger print...

I am sponsering her I gave all the required papers ... but the officer did not take any paper from my mom except the passport,appointment letter and DS 160 confirmation...

NOT sure if this is issue... are they supposed to the sponsor papers.

There is no sponsorship involved for a visitor visa.

Archived