Questions regarding Indian passport renewal in US

collegian

Hello All,

I am going through the process of renewing my passport in the US through BLS. I have a couple of questions:

1) The application form mentions that special characters aren't allowed. How do I enter dates in the form then? I currently have commas and hyphens in the form and was wondering if anyone had this issue too?

2) How many photographs are required? Reading through the checklist provided it seems that 3 are needed on nationality verification form, 1 on application form and 1 on appearance change affidavit. However, going through the BLS website I also found this: Four recent color passport size 2 inches by 2 inches (2”x2”) photo on glossy photo paper, showing full frontal view of the applicants face against a white background to be pasted on the application form. Does this mean 4 in addition to the 5 above? I also read somewhere that 2 are needed on the application form. Does that bring the total to 10?

Please advise.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

After several calls on this lucky day I was finally able to get hold of someone from BLS. I had the same question as you do. Upon asking they told me only 4 photographs is needed. I made sure twice by reading the same statement online making sure I get the right answer. And he sticked to his answer of 4 pics.

Thank you,

Manutd

Archived