H4 travel from India to US after H1B employer in US has changed

gmuslglqs

Hi,

I travelled to US on H1B for Employer A in October 2014 alone without my family. Before coming, my wife's and daughter's H4s were also stamped with my H1B stamping while I was working with Employer A. The visas were stamped in September 2014. I have changed my employer in the US in December 2014 to Employer B. The new H1B petition has been approved with I-94 before joining Employer B. The new petition and I-94 are valid till November 2017. The H1B and H4 visas are valid till June 2016. My I-94 that was issued when I entered US is valid till June 2016.

Now my wife and daughter will travel from India to US in April 2015.

Q1. Can they travel with their existing H4 visas which has Employer A's name and petition number on the visa? Or do they have to go for new H4? I am planning to stay back in US and will not travel back to India to accompany them.

Q2. Are there any issues with travelling with a visa that was issued seven months before the travel date? Specially since a child is travelling with the photograph on the visa that was taken seven months back? However, I must say that the face has not changed that much and I can carry photographs showing gradual change over the period of seven months.

Thanks.

Archived