Travel VISA for parents with 1 month left on my work VISA

sureshv120

Hi,

My VISA expires in Feb. I-95 has the same date as VISA. I would be applying for an extension for my VISA and thus will be permitted to stay beyond Feb. I wanted to know if I could sponsor my parents for a Travel VISA with just over a month's time remaining on my VISA.

My spouse also has a valid H1-b approval and is working. 

Any suggestions on how to tackle this would be most welcome. My parents would like to see my daughter(their granddaughter). That is the reason for the visit.

I wanted to know if I could sponsor my parents for a Travel VISA with just over a month's time remaining on my VISA.

There is no sponsorship for visiting visa. Non immigrant cannot sponsor any kind of US VISA.

Your parents still can apply for visiting visa, your H1 is no way related to their application.

Sponsor is the wrong word I guess. What I mean to make the case stronger I need to provide a I-134 affidavit of support. With one month of VISA remaining, should I provide this support or should my spouse provide the support. Or can we both do it.

What I fear is that the VO says that I just have one month of VISA remaining so they deny my parents VISA.

Again purpose of visit is that my parents would like to see my daughter(their granddaughter). 

Sponsor is the wrong word I guess. What I mean to make the case stronger I need to provide a I-134 affidavit of support. With one month of VISA remaining, should I provide this support or should my spouse provide the support. Or can we both do it.

What I fear is that the VO says that I just have one month of VISA remaining so they deny my parents VISA.

Again purpose of visit is that my parents would like to see my daughter(their granddaughter). 

I-134 is not required at all if your parents have strong financial background. Your status in US might not matter at all.

I guess I134 is not mandatory for visiting visa. But just fill it, doesn't matter how long your H1 is.

Archived