Need clarification on Green Card processing..

Hi All,

I am currently on H1-B and working as a contractor. I got an full-time offer with one company and planning to take it. But the company won't do green card processing. I heard that we can work with the company offered full time with the H1-B visa and can apply green card with different employer. Is this correct? Is there a way to do like this? If so can you share more details on this process. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I am currently on H1-B and working as a contractor. I got an full-time offer with one company and planning to take it. But the company won't do green card processing. I heard that we can work with the company offered full time with the H1-B visa and can apply green card with different employer. Is this correct? Is there a way to do like this? If so can you share more details on this process. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

First, you are NOT working as a contractor. That is not allowed on H1.

You are an EMPLOYEE for some consulting company, and your employer may send you to a client site. Again, that does NOT make you a contractor.

Second, while it is technically possible to start the GC process with another employer, that will invite RFEs, because if the job with that other employer really exists, why wouldn't you work there...

Archived