H1 Transfer and Extension based on approved I140?

niyochat

Hi ,

This is my situation.

1. i140 approved last month; full time position

2. H1b visa expiring in the end of November 2011

3. I am on my 5th year of H1b

4. due to layoff uncertainity, decided to go for consulting job offer.

Question on transfer/extension. Can i take the help of company A's approved i140 (just been a month since its approved through employer A) for Company B's H1b extension? Will the extension be possible for a 3 year tenure? I heard that if i dont stay with employer for at least 180days after i140 is approved, the employer A can/will revoke my i 140. Is this true?

Currently, Company B is not ready to file for 3 year stating 2 reasons:

1) I am in 5th year now and not eligible.

2) CIS is not approving 3 years unless there is client contract and vendor letters.

How to leverage company A's approved I-140? What could be other reasons company B is not filing for 3 years? Typically how long does it take to revoke/withdraw I140s?

Attorney/Legal Experts:

Please advise. Appreciate for your time looking into this.

How long does it typically take to revoke I140?

Is it difficult to get H1 extension approved for 2.5 years these days? In employer-vendor-client situation, I am told H1 extension can be filed only till the project duration say 1 year. How far is this true? Is strict agreement/paper work required to get 2.5 years extension? Is it company policy to avoid audit they file short term extensions? I am still puzzled why the transferring company (comp B - IT consulting) is hesitant to file 3 year extension based on company A's approved I-140.If someone has faced this situation, can you please share your experience?

Archived