Arrested for Domestic V

swethat

I was on H1 in USA, In 2004 on 30 May me and my wife are in the mall ,i wanted her to come home and i pulled her hand. Some body told the security the security called the police and they have arrested me a charged me with Domestic Violence Count-- 18-9-1111(1)(a) Harassment –strike, and took my finger prints. Unfortunately that was Sunday evening around 6.30 PM  and next day Monday long weekend. I was released on Tuesday. I  agreed for Angry Management Classes and completed them and case was dismissed  and my case was closed in September 2005. I am having the closed papers  from the court, we returned to India in 2009 on a voluntary basis,

Now my existing company is trying to send me to USA on B1 or H1, when i attend the interview i am going to disclose all the truth what all happened on that day, what is the possibility getting Visa and if i dont get they are going to tell to my company what actually happened.

Please let me know all in detail.

• 1 month later...

I got my B1 Stamped and I came to USA, when I attended the consulate interview they asked me about the case I said what all happened, they said your visa is approved you can collect after 3days,

When I was here in USA I got approved I-140 from previous company (which is now Closed) under EB32 with priority date as 2006 which is current now, 

My Questions

1. If my current company can file H1 and attach the previous I-140 and file I-484 simultaneously,
  2. If so how long its going to take as my priority date is current, my I-140 approved in 2006
  3. Can I change my status from B1 to H1.
  4. Can I stay in US till my advance payroll or should I go to my home country to get stamping

Archived