H1B transfer-premium process time-H1B current status

nksubhudhi

Hi,I have a valid H1B till MAY of 2016. Can I try for transfer of my H1B to a new employer (consultancy) through premium processing being in my home country? Can any one tell me how much time it might take for complete processing? Is there any new amendment of LCA due to recent changes in Consulate rules ( heard it'd take more than a month or two for LCA processing!)

Where to know the status of my VISA whether void/revoked/valid?

Please guide me..!!

Thanks

nksubhudhi.

First stay away from consultancy.

Yes, new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime. It takes a week to two to get LCA approved and 3 to 4 months for H1B petition to be approved by regular processing. It takes 15 calendar days by premium processing.

You visa can be canceled only by US consulate. Employer can revoke your H1B petition. But, it will not affect your future H1B petitions.

Hi Jarichi,

Thanks for the information.

When I get the petition by the new employer approved, what could be the status of previous petition. Can I travel to US with the opportunity of my previous employer? or Does the previous petition cancelled by USCIS?

One VISA - two work petitions?(but working for one of the employers.)

Any source to gather more information about H1B VISA type regulations and limitations!!

Please help me.

Hi Jarichi,

Thanks for the information.

When I get the petition by the new employer approved, what could be the status of previous petition. Can I travel to US with the opportunity of my previous employer? or Does the previous petition cancelled by USCIS?

One VISA - two work petitions?(but working for one of the employers.)

Any source to gather more information about H1B VISA type regulations and limitations!!

Please help me.

By law previous employer has to revoke your H1B petition once you stop working for them. If not revoked you can still travel with that petition to work for previous employer.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

With my existing valid VISA, if I find new petitioner for me who would transfer my visa while I m in my home country; Do I need to go for stamping again??

Will you please help me by sharing information on this?

Thanks,

nksubhudhi.

With a valid H1B visa (even if from previous employer) and a valid I797 you can travel to US.

Archived