H1B transfer with multiple employers

chnrbk

Hi,

I am working for an employer X and got an offer from Company A and initiated H1B transfer but got RFE and yet to respond to it. Now I am planing for transfer from another employer say B because I am worried what if my petition with employer A is denied?

I am going to join company A on RFE otherwise they would not respond to my RFE(request for client letter). My plan is that if initiate transfer to company B after joining  comp-A, at least i can have a backup and stay in USA if the Comp -A petition rejected , I can at least hope for Comp-B.

in this scenario,

Q1) what if the Comp -B petition approved last? and company A petition approved first and let say I am working on RFE with company A? is that legal or i need to do anything else? Does last action rule applies here?

Q2)what if the Comp -A petition approved last? and company B petition approved first and let say I am working on RFE with company A? is that legal or i need to do anything else? Does last action rule applies here?

1b

Q3) even after rejection of both petitions and if employer X has not yet initiated the revoke H1B, can I still apply for transfer with another employer?

q4) now a days, we are getting RFE for client letters,so I assume without joining any client they will not issue client letters... That means one has to join on RFE. is that advisable to join RFE in this case as there is no alternative? 

1. Last action rule applies when you change status and in your case you are maintaining H1B status. So, it does not apply here.

2. Refer 1.

3. Yes, as long as your current I94 is valid.

4. Who said so? A client will give client letter if an agreement with an employer is made. You are talking about consultancy. Just stay away from them.

"I am going to join company A on RFE otherwise they would not respond to my RFE(request for client letter)."

This shows that A is shady employer.  'A' already have spent money on filling your H1b, why they will hesitate to reply RFE?

Are all these X, A, B, C consulting employers?

Don't make things complex. Stay with X till the next H1b is "completely approved".  

Don't join consulting firm on H1b. Consulting on H1b is dead. Consulting model in USA does not fulfill H1b requirements. 

Archived