H1B with DUI and high BAC for visa stamping at Chennai

LostinBtw

Hi Guys, I had a DUI in June 2011. Came to India for marriage and then got stuck with the embassy as I needed H1B stamping.

I did my medical as requested by embassy. Don't know what the outcome will be( I said I still drink very little alcohol: true) but never drink and drive again..

Now really worried what the outcome will be. My work is pressuring me on my date of return and I was told the embassy will receive my medical only on December 16th. What do you think will happen?

I had a accident involving DUI with no injuries and I was alone in the car. My BAC was high. I am worried I will be denied. My wife is in the US and I am stuck here. Really depressed. Made one huge mistake in my life. Any advise???

You can do the medical evaluation the same day or the day after.

They ask ur in detail alcohol history. They draw blood and get an chest X-ray. The report gets sent in 4-5 business days to embassy. Then the wait starts: it has taken 7 days to 6 weeks for them to ask for the passport if everything is OK.

If they reject you, you will know within 2 weeks. So my advise will be to sit tight. All the best!!!!

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Let me explain you what happens with my friend case

He was caught for DUI in 2013 and he went for stamping F1->H1 in July 2014 once case has been resolved with all the necessary documents. 

He was given 221g during the visa interview and asked to take medical evaluation in apollo hospital chennai and then 4-5 days the report has been submitted to the consulate also in the 221g it has been mentioned that he can come for interview again once he confirmed with hospital that the report has been sent to them so he went for interview and they go through the report, asked couple of questions about their job and granted him visa. 

Your case is different compared to him as you are waiting for their confirmation to submit the passport for the stamping.

Please update email address in your profile ..!!

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Let me explain you what happens with my friend case

He was caught for DUI in 2013 and he went for stamping F1->H1 in July 2014 once case has been resolved with all the necessary documents. 

He was given 221g during the visa interview and asked to take medical evaluation in apollo hospital chennai and then 4-5 days the report has been submitted to the consulate also in the 221g it has been mentioned that he can come for interview again once he confirmed with hospital that the report has been sent to them so he went for interview and they go through the report, asked couple of questions about their job and granted him visa. 

Your case is different compared to him as you are waiting for their confirmation to submit the passport for the stamping.

Please update email address in your profile ..!!

Was he asked to submit his court documents to embassy? My medical report was sent 2 days ago and I am anxiously awaiting the outcome. Does he know the outcome of his medical report. i have your email Id, will email you.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they send me another 221G asking for my passport. Tracking shows it's at embassy since Monday. CEAC website still shows administrative processing. So kinda hoping it will change to issues in the next couple of weeks. But I have read threads where it has taken longer. What about u?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/2/2015 at 0:06 AM, LostinBtw said:

Yes they send me another 221G asking for my passport. Tracking shows it's at embassy since Monday. CEAC website still shows administrative processing. So kinda hoping it will change to issues in the next couple of weeks. But I have read threads where it has taken longer. What about u?

Hi, what was the update? how long did it take to issue visa after you submitted passport?

Archived