Birth Cert has a different date than rest of the docs

barota12

Hello All, I was a month short at the time of KG admission in India and the town school took me in with wrong birth month and since then I have the incorrect birth date on all my documentation. I have my I-140 approved in EB3 (eligible for EB1) and recently learnt Birth Certificate is must for I-1485 application. I tried to get NABC from the municipality by providing partial information in the application form hoping they could not find my records and unfortunately with dad & mom's name they were able to locate my birth registration and issued the certificate. I consulted lawyers in India to see if I can fix my birth date on all documentation and i did not get a positive response. I am told my request may be rejected by the judge sighting the benefits i have enjoyed all these years with the incorrect date. Couple of questions -

a) is there a way around this, can i fix my birth month in India and all the documentation?

b) is there a way i can get GC with incorrect birth date?

b) i hear with new executive order, I can get EAD with approved I-140. Can I get EAD without birth certificate and stay / work without ever applying I-485 in EB3?

Appreciate any guidance.

Archived