F1 to H1B - Non-IT degree?

dharinij

I have done my Masters in biotechnology and bio-informatics in India. Im planning to do my Masters in Environmental engineering or Cell and molecular biology (STEM) in USA starting this Spring.

Once I graduate, If my future employer from a IT Consulting firm is willing to offer me a computer programmer related position , will I have problem in getting H1B approval even though I took a masters program that comes under STEM category? 

I know I will try to find a job related to my field after graduation. Just in case if have to switch my career goal to find a H1B sponsor, I need to make sure there are no hurdles in between.

Note:  I have done fe computer courses in undergrad and have done my .NET certifcation

Please advice.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

I have done my Masters in biotechnology and bio-informatics in India. Im planning to do my Masters in Environmental engineering or Cell and molecular biology (STEM) in USA starting this Spring.

Once I graduate, If my future employer from a IT Consulting firm is willing to offer me a computer programmer related position , will I have problem in getting H1B approval even though I took a masters program that comes under STEM category? 

I know I will try to find a job related to my field after graduation. Just in case if have to switch my career goal to find a H1B sponsor, I need to make sure there are no hurdles in between.

Note:  I have done fe computer courses in undergrad and have done my .NET certifcation

Please advice.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,

For IT H1 job, you should have 4 yrs of bachelor's degree in IT.

Certificates will not help you, if certificates are enough for a IT job then no one will try to get IT degrees from big universities.

Archived