H1b Drop box eligibility

ajji26

Hi,

Thanks for your time in reading this , I was trying to book my appointment for Visa Interview in Chennai consulate. i have a question basing on the steps mentioned for drop box eligibility.can anyone please help.

i qualify for the last step that is mentioned below and my last H1b visa was issued in Canada. Am i eligible for Interview waiver program. Please let me know if you need more info. 

Is it mandatory that for the last visa to be issued in India?

If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible.

Step 7:Please answer the following questions to determine your eligibility to for our Interview Waiver Program.

If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, you may qualify for our Interview Waiver Program “Dropbox”. You do not need to schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center. Please proceed with your application, print 2 copies and follow instruction mentioned on document submission letter.

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except children below 14 years and applicants above 80 years of age:

• My most recent visa was issued in India;

• I received my visa after January 1, 2008;

• My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”;

• My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost or stolen;

• My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday;

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to renew;

• I have no refusals for a visa in any category after my most recent visa issuance;

• If I am applying for a B1/B2, C1D,  or J visa, my prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within the last 48 months;  

OR

• If I am applying for an F/M/J visa, my prior visa in the same classification and same Academic Institution is still valid or expired within the last 48 months.Note: F/M visa interview applicants must submit their original I-20 form and J visa interview waiver applicants must submit their original DS-2019 form along with their passport;

OR

• If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible

• 11 months later...

Archived