DUI - stamping at Hyderabad

RedFlagged

My Interview was on December 9th. You can get medical through walk in the same day I suppose. You have to see 2 doctors. One for physical and one for psychology exam.

They will get CXR, blood for VDRL and Hepatitis B( from what the panel physician told me). I was not asked for a urine sample.

The psychologist asks in detail about alcohol and any drug usages. They don't tell you what goes on in the final report. I called the physician office again yesterday and was told the report will be submitted on Monday.

I have another question, in my 221G they have not asked for my court documents. I tried to tell the VFS it's asked in the white panel physician form but they would not accept my court documents. I tried to submit it with the physician report and apparently they would not do it also. So I may have to wait until the embassy goes through the medical and then asks for the court documents. I had shown my court disposition papers to the consular official at the time of my interview.

Has anyone been in a situation where they have been not asked for the documents and visa has been stamped?

During my interview CO asked me about my job, salary, and I disclosed my DUI when asked about my arrest. I was given the medical form for the panel physical exam.

Can you update the status of your case please....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Newbie

I am on the same boat. I have my interview in December second half. 

1) You will get 221g on Dec 2 (most likely)

2) You will be given a contact info of a doctor and you need to set up an appointment for medical tests

3) Reports will be submitted to Embassy within a week I think

4) Embassy will take 2-3 weeks time to process and request you to submit passport for visa approval/stamping (if all is well)

So basically it will take 3-4 weeks of additional processing time..given that one has all the required court documents and fulfilled all required classes, paid fines etc. PLUS good report from doctor...

please update your status.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case, passport requested by embassy on dec 26 and I submitted it the same day. It's at consulate since Monday this week. But CEAC website still shows administrative processing with last update being on December 19th. What should I expect? Any input please...

In my case, passport requested by embassy on dec 26 and I submitted it the same day. It's at consulate since Monday this week. But CEAC website still shows administrative processing with last update being on December 19th. What should I expect? Any input please...

Any update on your case?

• 1 month later...

Hey LostinBtw,

Any update on your case ? I attended my h1b stamping in Ottawa Canada Feb 24 , and referred to pannel physician and submitted my reports in person on Feb 27 and no documents asked just my reports and passport and still its in Admin Processing till date. is there any update on your case? did you got approval?

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys, I had a DUI in June 2011. Came to India for marriage and then got stuck with the embassy as I needed H1B stamping.

I did my medical as requested by embassy. Don't know what the outcome will be( I said I still drink very little alcohol: true) but never drink and drive again..

Now really worried what the outcome will be. My work is pressuring me on my date of return and I was told the embassy will receive my medical only on December 16th. What do you think will happen?

I had a accident involving DUI with no injuries and I was alone in the car. My BAC was high. I am worried I will be denied. My wife is in the US and I am stuck here. Really depressed. Made one huge mistake in my life. Any advise???

hi , I am in a similar situation :( , did you get your visa stamped ?

• 1 month later...

My Interview was on December 9th. You can get medical through walk in the same day I suppose. You have to see 2 doctors. One for physical and one for psychology exam.

They will get CXR, blood for VDRL and Hepatitis B( from what the panel physician told me). I was not asked for a urine sample.

The psychologist asks in detail about alcohol and any drug usages. They don't tell you what goes on in the final report. I called the physician office again yesterday and was told the report will be submitted on Monday.

I have another question, in my 221G they have not asked for my court documents. I tried to tell the VFS it's asked in the white panel physician form but they would not accept my court documents. I tried to submit it with the physician report and apparently they would not do it also. So I may have to wait until the embassy goes through the medical and then asks for the court documents. I had shown my court disposition papers to the consular official at the time of my interview.

Has anyone been in a situation where they have been not asked for the documents and visa has been stamped?

During my interview CO asked me about my job, salary, and I disclosed my DUI when asked about my arrest. I was given the medical form for the panel physical exam.

Did you get your visa stamped? Please let me know a timeline, how soon you got it stamped? I am in the same boat as you. I was never asked for any court papers. 

Archived