Advance Parole expired and want to travel

Recommended Posts

I have my EAD valid until Jun 2015 but by AP expired 5 months back in Jun 2014. I am traveling to India on December 2014 to get my H1B stamping and have no intention to use my AP.

Will my I-485 be canceled if I apply for my AP and then leave the country even though I will not be using my AP?



Link to comment



It is ok to apply for AP and leave the U.S. However, in order to USE the particular AP, it must have been approved before the particular departure. So, this AP could be used for a subsequent trip, after reentry as an H1 and approval of the AP.


Of course, traveling without the AP means that the H1 visa must be approved in order to allow return. 

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.