H1b stamping in Ottawa on Nov 5th 2014 (1st H1b stamping after 7 years)

aashishn

Hi All,

I had gone for H1b visa stamping in Canada - Ottawa on Nov 5th 2014 @10.30 am.

I had left the country after 7 long years, I had F1 stamping in Aug 2006 I left USA once in 2007 and after that I never went to India or anywhere else to get H1 stamping ( so 1st H1b stamping in 7 years). I work for a fortune 500 IT Service provider based company. I have approved I140. The questions asked were very simple.

1) Which company you work for and how many years?

2) Show your pay stubs

3) Client Letter

4) Managers letter for the company I work for.

After that he gave me 221g white slip and kept all the documents with my passport, I 797, pay stubs, Client letter, Managers letter. The Visa Officer said we will let you know in 2 to 3 days.

Till now I have not heard anything its 11/6/2014 @ 8 AM.

I have the following questions - 

1) I have given my Company's email and not yahoo or gmail in the DS160 form. Is there a way to update the email address as I doubt if they send an mail and which can get through company's network security and come in my drop box.( I should have thought this before though):(

2) What are the chances of approval and denial in my case?

3) I am staying in Days INN in Downtown. Let me know if something cheaper in the near by area?

4) Is there a phone number to call the Ottawa office?

Thanks any help will be appreciated!!

Hi All,

I had gone for H1b visa stamping in Canada - Ottawa on Nov 5th 2014 @10.30 am.

I had left the country after 7 long years, I had F1 stamping in Aug 2006 I left USA once in 2007 and after that I never went to India or anywhere else to get H1 stamping ( so 1st H1b stamping in 7 years). I work for a fortune 500 IT Service provider based company. I have approved I140. The questions asked were very simple.

1) Which company you work for and how many years?

2) Show your pay stubs

3) Client Letter

4) Managers letter for the company I work for.

After that he gave me 221g white slip and kept all the documents with my passport, I 797, pay stubs, Client letter, Managers letter. The Visa Officer said we will let you know in 2 to 3 days.

Till now I have not heard anything its 11/6/2014 @ 8 AM.

I have the following questions - 

1) I have given my Company's email and not yahoo or gmail in the DS160 form. Is there a way to update the email address as I doubt if they send an mail and which can get through company's network security and come in my drop box.( I should have thought this before though):(

2) What are the chances of approval and denial in my case?

3) I am staying in Days INN in Downtown. Let me know if something cheaper in the near by area?

4) Is there a phone number to call the Ottawa office?

Thanks any help will be appreciated!!

Hi,

I also attended the interview at the same time and VO said, i should get my passport within 2-3 days. He returned my I-797 document. I was checking status online and still it's showing as "AP".

I was also at DaysInn, checkout yesterday and came to my cousins place.

Did you check your visa status online? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi,

I also attended the interview at the same time and VO said, i should get my passport within 2-3 days. He returned my I-797 document. I was checking status online and still it's showing as "AP".

Hi,

My all original documents are with the VO. My status is the same AP. 

Sorry to hear your situation Aashish. look for a website called airbnb, it has cheaper hotel options where people rent their homes. We used it last week in Ottawa we stayed for a week. we booked complete apartment there are also room shared as we were a family we preferred not to go for shared one.

Thanks will look for it....

Hi all

I also went to the Ottawa embassy for the second time h1b stamping on nov 5th. The interview was for 2 minutes, all documents returned except passport and the officer informed that the visa is approved and that I should hear back in 2-3 days.

When I check the link he provided in the form to check, user applicant summary shows as "You currently have no appointment scheduled". I read that some of you see the status as "AP". What does that (AP) mean?

Did any of you who had visa approved on the 5th get a new status update on their applicant summary?

Sorry to hear your situation aashishn. I ams sure your passprt will be returned soon. I stayed at the 4 points Sheraton in Gatineau. It was $105/ day and very good. We came to toronto yesterday itself and have asked my passport to be returned to Toronto.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Today 11/18/2014 I mailed the Ottawa US consulate and explained my case saying that I am still in admin processing from 5th Nov 2014. Surprisingly I got a reply saying that don't keep on mailing we will notify you once we have a answer. This is 14th day from the visa interview and 8 working days. It would have been better if I would have gone to India for stamping. I would recommend who so ever is not going to there home country are making a big mistake ( Plz spend that time and money with your family and friends rather spending the money here). Will keep you guys posted as this might help somone.

so till today no reply :(:(:(:(:(

Today 11/24/2014 I got my Passport back with visa stamped on it and I am flying back to States.....:)

!! Anyways time for a good bye my 21 days of Ottawa stay and exp will surely help others !!

!! Dont worry much about 221 G and be happy !!

!! But one thing to Say Ottawa has a very good Indian Hotel called Coconut Lagoon very good food.........:):) !!

Archived