Visitor Visa for mom, and she'll travel along with his H-1B holder son

SriRamSS

My situation:

My H-1B visa will be stamped in a couple of weeks - or max by end of Nov 2014.

If I get stamped successfully, I'm planning to apply a visitor visa for my widowed mother. And, she's planning to travel with me (and my family) to the US. She'll return after 3-4 months.

A couple of points:

(A) I'm her only son (no siblings).

(B) She's a pensioner plus she has an apartment in her name in Chennai.

© She has travelled to Singapore and Malaysia many times for holiday and family purposes in the last couple of years.

(D) I've been to the US before in B-1, but this is my first ever trip in H-1B.

My Queries:

(1) Is it fine to apply a visitor visa for my mom now (i.e., even before I travel to the US)? Or, is it a must that one of her children (only me, of course) must already be residing in the US?

(2) Can she travel with me to the US, if she gets stamped successfully?

Thanks to the experts, in advance, for the help.

In general, all B2 visa applicants are presumed to permanently migrate to the U.S. under §214(b) of Immigration and Nationality Act. As long as the applicant overcomes this presumption by demonstrating his/her strong non-immigrant intent and ties to home country, there is no restriction as to when the visa application can be presented, proposed travel date or accompanying traveler. The applicants must be honest about accompanying traveler(s) in their respective DS-160 visa application forms, if they plan to travel together upon successful visa application. In similar instances, the applicants should be prepared to respond to questions on the intent of accompanying parent of the son/daughter on their first trip to the U.S. Should your require any assistance with your mother’s B2 visa application, you may feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

Archived