b2-extension but leave before decision

divyapratap

Hi,

My Mother who is my dependent is on B1/B2 visa and her stay expires on Nov 25,2014.

Due to some personal issue we would like to extend the stay by 10 days

1) If we file extension and gets denied what are the implication?

2) If she leaves before the USCIS decision comes, as we only want 10 days extension, any issues in re-entring.  Will her VISA remain intact or we have to go for new visa.

3) Does she have to stay till we get the decision or she could leave after 10days.

4) 10 days over i94 expiration sounds less risky or anyother way?

Please waterfall with suggestions.

Divya Pratap

1) If we file extension and gets denied what are the implication?
2) If she leaves before the USCIS decision comes, as we only want 10 days extension, any issues in re-entring.  Will her VISA remain intact or we have to go for new visa.
3) Does she have to stay till we get the decision or she could leave after 10days.
4) 10 days over i94 expiration sounds less risky or anyother way?

1. If rejected then she has leave US immediately

2. No issues

Thank you guys.

Sounds like even if she resides after i94 expiry with EOS there would be no problem in future visit.

1) Are we supposed to send any document to USCIS in that case after she leaves?

2) If decision comes within 10 days - will it affect next time VISA application? direct denial of VISA?

3) Will POE officer will create havoc during next visit?

Any one experienced?

DP

Thank you guys.

Sounds like even if she resides after i94 expiry with EOS there would be no problem in future visit.

1) Are we supposed to send any document to USCIS in that case after she leaves?

2) If decision comes within 10 days - will it affect next time VISA application? direct denial of VISA?

3) Will POE officer will create havoc during next visit?

Any one experienced?

DP

If she leaves before the expiration date, then simply contact USCIS and tell them that you are withdrawing the EOS application.

Archived