221g client letter nightmare for h1b stamping

manjunathkp

Hi All,

I went for VISA revalidation interview in Chennai consulate on 14th of Oct 2014. My employer told that I wont be needing Client Letter. In the interview first thing they asked was Client Letter and gave me 221(g) form. I asked my employer to give me a client letter and they told me that client isn't giving client letters anymore because of their recent organization restructure and employee layoffs. My employer told that they are working on some strategy to handle this and I am not confident of anything other client letter. Is there any other way to make this work? My vacation has turned out to be a nightmare now. I have my things over there in US, my Car and recently renewed lease. 

Another question is, my 221(g) (attached) doesn’t specify how to deliver the requested documents. There are 3 options mentioned in the 221(g)

1. Drop the documents
2. Walkin Interview
3. Email PDF soft copy of the documents

They haven't ticked any of these methods. Does this mean that I can use any of these methods? If so I would prefer to go for walkin interview. Experienced people, please advice.http://www.****************.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

i received the client letter from my client and submitted the same 2 weeks back tot he chennai consulate. My status online says admin processing but when i called consulate customer care they said documents will be ready for pickup from your pick up location and asked me to check the passport status. When i checked the passport status it says "passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery," but i never submitted the passport.It is still with me. 

What does all this scenario mean? this is quite lot confusing ..

Archived