COS Denied from F1-H1B,

vishal2286

My Case:

Please pardon my english

Came to F1- Aug 2008, Did Ms in Mechanical

OPT expired :  23 June 2013

Took Admission into MSM program: Started 24 June 2013

On CPT : 29 July 2013 to 28th Sept 2014 (Graduated on 28th Sept, 2014)

H1B Approved on 29th Sept, 2014 (From 1st Oct 2014 to 2017) without COS;

Recevied I-797B without COS on 7th Oct, 2014 with consulate notfication Mumbai;

Questions:

Can I go to jamaica for H1-B stamping even if USCIS has notified Mumbai Consulate?

My graduation is on 25th Oct and before that University is not ready to distribute graduate certificate;

I am planning to leave USA on 27th, (Overstayed 26 days till that)

is it going to be problem for H1-B stamping?

Can my overstayed cause any trouble?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Vishal, so gald to hear that !!!!!

I am exactly in same boat as you. My H1b was also approved without COS on 29th Sep.

I am going for VISA interview early next month.

So if you can please share your visa preparation and interview experience or better if you can please contact me at mkreston28@ gmail that will be really really helpful.

Again Congrats on your stamping. Enjoy your success :)

Hi vishal2286 congrats on getting your visa stamped. It is very encouraging to hear that you have been stamped. I am also in the same situation. My COS denial notice tells me to go to the home country for stamping or file an I 824 to change the Consulate. please tell me whether you had to change the consulate or not? If yes then please tell me if you filed I 824 and how long did it take.

Also in the Interview what did they ask. In my situation I am not being able to get a client letter. My visa is approved for one year only.

I will realy appreciate any help.

HI Vishal 2286:

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if you went to jamaica or India?? And whether you had any difficulty getting visa. Can yoiu tell me about the interview Questions. And if they asked for the client letter or not?

I am from Sullivan University and was on CPT for almost 2 years. My H1B is approved with a COS denial because of CPT.

I have already filed a MTR and have passed 40 days since the COS denial...

I ll really appreciate your suggestions...

My Visa is stamped.

They just asked me as where am i working at?, my client name, and where my education was done?? Apart from these questions they asked me to be careful in future. I explined about the reason behind me stay in US for 40+ days was because I was afraid of the consequences if i get denied visa.

Other than that they asked me as how I sold a beer ticket to a minor? Was i working at the place? I said yes I worked for sometime and then I left the job. She was satisified with my answers. I mentioned that I have been truthful to you. The VO just smiled and gave me the good news that my visa is approved. And that they will send it through American Express. I had FBI Report enclosed in an envelope and my case desposition with me to show to them. I told the VO to check the web site where my Beer ticket record was. She checked it and the record popped up.

I just got a call from American Express this morning that my Passport is ready to be picked up.

Thanks guys,

Best of luck...

Indeed, bcos what I said was truth. Just think practically, CPT for 2 yrs isn't that against F1 rules??

I am happy that you got your visa, but your CPT abuse will be in records forever.

Hi Rahul412, According to the immigration rules. Once you enter usa on a new visa all the previous violations are dumped. If that was not the case they would never have issued a new visa and stamped it. As far as record is concerned off course thet will remail there forever. But that would not be of any harm ...

Hi Rahul412, According to the immigration rules. Once you enter usa on a new visa all the previous violations are dumped.

So you agree that you have violated F1 rules?

I am not sure about this dumping the previous violations, but I have seen a case in this forum in which a person got into trouble for working in CPT after many years. Somewhere I lost that link.

Hi Rahul412, According to the immigration rules. Once you enter usa on a new visa all the previous violations are dumped. If that was not the case they would never have issued a new visa and stamped it. As far as record is concerned off course thet will remail there forever. But that would not be of any harm ...

No, all previous violations are not necessarily dumped.

It is a bit more complicated than what you think. Only certain violations are forgiven.

It is a bit more complicated than what you think. Only certain violations are forgiven.

Mr JoeF: CPT was not a violation at all. It is a legal trhing to do. I had issue because my school did not use the sentence "Integral Part of my Curriculum is CPT>>>> If he had used the sentence there would not habve been any issue. And thne VO did not care about that small thing. So the CPT thing is gone...

I doubt what you say 'JoeF'. You do not have any knowledge of how  Immigration works. Things are not implemented according to the law but the rules and regulations, policies and the common practices.

I doubt that you are just trying to make people think negatively as you do...

I doubt what you say 'JoeF'. You do not have any knowledge of how  Immigration works. Things are not implemented according to the law but the rules and regulations, policies and the common practices.

Then consult with a good immigration lawyer, instead of wasting our time on a forum.

Go, pay money for a consultation. Put your money where your mouth is.

You will find that I am right...

Oh, and you may want to look up TVU. Use your favorite search engine.

The owner of that fraud "university" was giving out CPT to people like you, and the people got ankle bracelets and got deported or left before the deportation proceedings.

The owner of that fraud recently got sentenced to 16 years in prison, and the government confiscated all the property she bought with the over $5M she got from people like you.

The trial of the next such fraud is coming up, and likely going down the same way.

Abuse of CPT is a career killer. But go right ahead if you want to see a deportation cell from the inside...

You are simply beating around the bush. 

What course allows you to work for 2 yrs in CPT?? Can you answer this??

I don't know aboout any bush or obama. There is no restriction on the time limit for CPT. As long as some body wants to work they can. If you can prove me wrong then show me the 'Concerned Law' limiting the CPT limit>>>

Archived