Spouse on EAD, I have GC, can I switch jobs

zee1

Hi -

I have been with this company for 8 years and I always worked on H1 (never used EAD for travel/work) even though I had EAD since 2011. I got married in 2012 (still on H1); my wife has been in US on H4 since then.

This Aug, we found out that my PD  (PD date - Feb 2009) will be current in a month (Sep 2014). My company/attorney filed my wife's I-485 application by Sep 1 (just before my PD date actually becoming current) and it was accepted by USCIS. Right after, in a few weeks, I received my GC.

So, currently I have my GC and my wife's I-485 is pending. Her biometrics was done Oct 13. And now dates retrogressed to 2005. 

Here's my questions - 

1. Now that I have my GC, can I switch jobs even when my wife's I-485 is pending. In order to maintain her 485 status, Is it necessary for me to stick to my current employer for 6 months of her I-485 application date (Receipt/Notice date: Sep  2014) or until she gets her GC ? 

2. since biometrics is already done, is EAD/AP expected to arrive even though dates retrogressed. Can she work on EAD ? For her GC, I believe she has to wait until my PD (Jan 2009) becomes current again. correct ? 

Thanks for any advise. 

Archived