221 G in Jamaica

prashu30

Hi,

I too got 221 g at Kingston Jamaica on Oct 15 saying admin processing. Could you please tell me what color 221g slip you have got. Any update on your case from consulate yet? I dont hve phone # here, u can contact me at "***************"    this address in quote is at gmail. 

Thanks

Visa Interview on 14th, Oct at US Embassy in Jamaica. Resulting in 221G.

VO issued 221G because my masters and my job are not in the same field.

Working on EVC model.

I am almost done with my second masters, this time in IT, told that to the VO. Also showed her the certification I have in the technology I am working on. It was very clear that with my second masters (IT) and my certification I am qualified enough. But the VO gave a pink slip.

So, the bottom line, stamping in Jamaica is not a cakewalk. If you have a masters in IT and are working in the same field, its cool, no problem. Else, be prepared for a 221G, especially with this one female VO.

Saw another case, same VO, same result, on the next day.

Not a scare, just facts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My friend who has attended the  interview on Nov 14 2014 has the same situation, he has a DUI charge. He was asked to take the medicals and he submitted the documents on Nov 20th . They just asked to check the status in The tracker which shows administrative processing. Could you please advise on how  many days it is going to take and some pointers on this situation would be very helpful. Please let me know how many days did it take for you to Issued status. Please help me, its a little urgent my friend is stuck there

Archived