H1B Papers neeeded


Recommended Posts

I have an approved petition for an H-1B, which was approved in 2008, but i don’t have any H-1B papers. 

Other than EAC no i dont have any documents.  I am currently in India and i like to get my papers? 


Do i need to submit FOIA?

Do i need to Submit G-639 or G-884 Form?

Do i need to get the Notarized Affidavit?

Link to comment

FOIA thing takes 3-4 months to process your request and send the CD to US address.

Search FOIA USCIS to know more about steps, and forms.

Even with FOIA, you won't get copy of I797. You will get I129 with approval stamp on first page. You use this for H1b transfer. 
Also you may report on WH4 against your empoloyer if you didn't get the original lower part of I797, as per law.

Below is the template for FOIA:


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
National Records Center, FOIA/PA Office
P. O. Box 648010
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Dear Sir or Madam:
Re: FOIA Request for H1B Petition/Immigration Records
Receipt # EAC/WAC
Full Legal Name:
Passport Number:
Country of Citizenship:
Date of Birth:
Please provide copies of my H1B Immigration records to the following address:
US Address or Overseas Address
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Name and Signature 

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.