Need Advice- H4 under 221 g and changing employer

AdityaM

Dear members,

I have been in US for 6 months. My wife got 221g (on H4 application) couple of months back from Delhi consulate (which is behaving insane these days). Whenever we follow up with embassy, we get same response, its under admin processing and there is no timeline. I have the feeling there will not be any outcome of this application. Mine is E-V-C model.

Now I would be joining another company soon which has direct clients, i.e. after joining new company, mine would become E-C model. So i am thinking that I should withdraw wife's current H4 application and when i join new company then apply new application.

Could you please share you thoughts if withdrwaing current application and then applying new H4 would be good, since it would become E-C model.

Your feedback would help me decide accordingly.

Thanks!!!

==AdityaM

Hi Aditya, I am also into the same scenario. I applied for H4. Had discussion with VFS cutomer care about withdrawing H4 case and apply again. As per they say: It is again a 50-50 chance and comepletely depend upon the consular at that moment.

I didnt get any info whether this 221g case will be recorded under passport number or not. If no than there are chances to get thru easily but if YES than going to be again 221g.... If you can find out this than better withdraw and reapply.

Hi subhani,

regarding "221g case will be recorded under passport number"-- i don't think they would record anything for current 221 g if i withdraw, since my wife has not submitted passport to embassy or VFS as they didn't ask for it. passport is with us only.After we withdraw the application, its the end of that application. i don't think embassy would ask for passport so that they record 221 g withdrawl; Though its all my wild guess.

Now if i apply for new H4 for my wife and there would again be 50-50 chance as per your word with VFS; i donlt know what to say. My new employer is not a staffing company. (my current employer is staffing company). New employer has direct client and even in that case if consulate is not satisfied and again issues 221 g then God helps.

BTW, is your spouse in E-V-C model or E-C model?

--Aditya

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived