How many years of W2 Forms do we need for H1 Stamping?


Recommended Posts

I have been in the US for 5 years and completed by Masters Degree. However I misplaced by W2 forms for the years 2010 and 2011 issued from my University when I worked there as a teaching assistant.


I have my W2 forms for the years 2012 and 2013 during which I was on my OPT. I requested transcripts from IRS for the years 2010 and 2011. If the VO asks me for my W2 forms then is it fine to show the transcripts for 2010 and 2011 instead of W2 forms as I came to know that TRANSCRIPTS are equivalent to W2 forms and contain the same details.


I have all the Tax Return documents for all the years. Does anyone had a similar issue?


Do you suggest me to go for H1 stamping with only 2 years of W2 forms.


Thank You


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.