Can I apply for B2 visa and come to USA on it whenmy I-130 under F2A is approved

forumusers

Hi,

I'm a US permanent resident. After receiving my GC, I got married and filed for my wife's I-130 under F2A category, which got approved. As you all know, there is a long waiting line under this category. I want to have my wife come to USA on a visitor visa for some time, and then go back to India as F2A may take 2-3 years to become current, and since I have a job here in USA, I cannot stay in India with my wife for too long.

My questions are these :

(1) Can my wife apply for B2 visa, while her I-130 is approved without impacting the GC process? We will obviously tell immigration on the B2 application the truth that I-130 is approved, so even though her long term intent is to immigrate to USA, given the fact that the process takes years, she would like to visit me in USA every now and then while we wait for the GC.

(2) If she does get the B2 visitor visa, and enters USA on that, would that act have any impact on the GC process?

If the concern is simply risking to lose the ticket and visit visa application money, then it is not a big risk for me. I'm only concerned about its implications from immigration perspective.

Thanks and regards,

forumusers

Archived