Travelling to India in Oct 2014 and Passport expiring in Feb 2015

kittu1only

Hello,

I am travelling to India this month and returning back to USA early November 2014. My passport is expiring in Feb 2015. I have a valid H1B VISA till Sep 2015.

My question is will there be any problem before boarding the flight in India and at Port of Entry in USA as my passport has only 4 months validity left?

I read few posts on this topic and few people mentioned that our I-94 will have our passport expiry date, I don't think this is true.

I went to India in June 2014 and my I-94 has my VISA expiry date on it and not Passport expiry date.

Please someone clarify on this regard.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am travelling to India this month and returning back to USA early November 2014. My passport is expiring in Feb 2015. I have a valid H1B VISA till Sep 2015.

My question is will there be any problem before boarding the flight in India and at Port of Entry in USA as my passport has only 4 months validity left?

I read few posts on this topic and few people mentioned that our I-94 will have our passport expiry date, I don't think this is true.

I went to India in June 2014 and my I-94 has my VISA expiry date on it and not Passport expiry date.

Please someone clarify on this regard.

Thanks.

No issue to travel back.

Immigration officer would have overlooked your passport expiry date and would have provided an I94 expiry date based on I797 or visa expiry date. But, generally if your passport expires earlier than your I797 then your I94 expiry date will be based on passport expiry date. 

Let us know what date you get this time during your travel back to US.

Not sure if Immigration officer over looked my passport expiry because I travelled twice to india in last 12 months. Once my POE is Chicago and the officer had my I797 expiry on I-94, same was the case when I travelled second time and this time my POE is Seattle.

Both the times, my I-797 expiry and Passport expire dates remained the same.

Not sure if Immigration officer over looked my passport expiry because I travelled twice to india in last 12 months. Once my POE is Chicago and the officer had my I797 expiry on I-94, same was the case when I travelled second time and this time my POE is Seattle.

Both the times, my I-797 expiry and Passport expire dates remained the same.

Ok fine. Update us after you reenter US in November.

• 11 months later...

Archived