H1B approved on i797B, willing to travel to india

srini_139

Hi,

I completed my masters in 2012 Dec, as if now i am on 2nd OPT and i got approved H1 on i797B bases, which means no change of status and i didnt get my I-94 along with H1B copy. but when i call to my university regarding my status they told that my sevis got ended and i am no more on F1, now i am planning to india do i need to get H1 stamping while come back? or since no change of my status shell i go and come on OPT ? my employer says that he never applied for the change of status while applying for my H1. please tell me what i have do ? and what would be  my next step?

Hi,

I have received my second H1B extension approval notice, however I received I797B which is without I94 details.

I got my previous approval in Nov 2013 untill Nov 2014. In June 2014 I applied for this second approval and today we got the approval with I797B without I94. 

What could be the reason I got I797B instead on I797A. 

During this period I did not change my employer. Both these extensions are applied by same employer. I even did not leave US during this time frame. Currently I am in US.

Can someone help on this or share their experiences.

SKG

Archived