Parents Visa - Dad entry visa is different from Mom

smily80

My parents came to US in April... They have a flight back to India this weekend.

We took their passports out  now and when checked we discovered my Dad got entry visa only till July. My mother has visa until end of October.

When they landed, I checked my Mother's passport and assumed my Dad must have also got the same visa entry and we never touched their passports until now.

It is a genuine mistake and i don't know what to do now. I want my parents to come back to US and spend that quality time with my family.

I am so afraid and seeking your advise...

Thank you

Suba

My parents came to US in April... They have a flight back to India this weekend.

We took their passports out  now and when checked we discovered my Dad got entry visa only till July. My mother has visa until end of October.

When they landed, I checked my Mother's passport and assumed my Dad must have also got the same visa entry and we never touched their passports until now.

It is a genuine mistake and i don't know what to do now. I want my parents to come back to US and spend that quality time with my family.

I am so afraid and seeking your advise...

Thank you

Suba

Check their I94 expiry date online. If indeed your dad's has expired then talk to an attorney whether it is ok to approach local CBP office.

Thanks for the inputs.

Here is additional information.

My mother in law, who has traveled with him has 6 months I-94 validity and we were able to check her I-94 information online.

But for some reason, my father in law's current I-94 information is not pulling up. His previous visit information is available from 2012. 

Additionally the CBP officer stamped addmission information on old expired passport (which has the US Visa). We tried all combinations of names and cannot locate the I-94 record with new passport..

We are scheduled to talk with attorneys tomorrow, but is it advisable to check with CBP directly to get facts about the I-94 duration, so discussion with attorney is productive. 

Thanks

Archived