GC question

niagarafalls

Hi,

my eb2 pd will be current next month(per the June 2011 bulletin). when can I expect USCIS to mail my perm resident card?

reason for asking, my current h1b expires this Sep. do i need to apply for an extension in June/July or wait for the GC without any worries ?

experts, please advise.

TIA.

Originally posted by niagarafalls:

Hi,

my eb2 pd will be current next month(per the June 2011 bulletin). when can I expect USCIS to mail my perm resident card?

reason for asking, my current h1b expires this Sep. do i need to apply for an extension in June/July or wait for the GC without any worries ?

experts, please advise.

TIA.

You can use EAD if you have it.

Hi

As per June Bulletin, my priority date, september 2006 - EB2 is current. I missed to File 485 in 2007 and i needed to file it now along with my wife(dependent). Can someone please let me know how long will it take for the GC, since my H1 is expiring in Auguest and i dont know whether i should apply for extension or wait for GC.

Experts please advise.

Thanks

Based on what you write, you should apply for H1B extension.

You didn't apply for 485 yet. After you apply for it, you get the receipt notice, and then use it to apply for EAD. All this would take at least 5 months. So you must apply for H1B now if you like to work. In any case, its good to have H1B in addition to 485 pending and EAD.

Archived