Confused between self-sponsor and Son-in-law sponsoring

USAVISAQ

Hi,

I am planning to get a visa for my in-laws but I am confused between asking my Father in law to self sponsor or me sponsoring the visa.

My father in law is a railway employee and earns Rs. 68000 per month, he has around 2-3 lakhs in liquid money, 8-10 lakhs in savings (FD & MF) and a house of his own. My mother in law is a house wife. They have a younger son (in 10th) who stays with them (in addition to my mother in laws parents)

I have read on the forums here that there is no such thing as sponsoring a visa but my question is specific as to whether the above financial details are enough for my father in law to self-sponsor the trip or do i need to send my financials (bank statement, pay-stubs etc) and I-134  in addition to my father in laws details.

I am on H1 and my wife is on H4.

Note: I have done some research about what documents are required, but nowhere it is mentioned about when to apply for self-sponsored or when it has to be sponsored. Also this is purely a pleasure trip and kindly do not assume about unborn babies.

• 1 month later...

All B2 visa applicants must establish strong non-immigrant intent and ties to home country to overcome the presumption under §214(b) of Immigration and Nationality Act. Based on the applicant’s financial ties to home country, s/he has to provide accurate information about the person paying for the trip in the DS-160 visa application form. The consular officers generally decide the outcome of a visa application based on the information presented in DS-160 visa application and elicited at the visa interview. Should your require any assistance with your in-law’s  B2 visa application, you may feel free to consult with one of the Attorneys at Murthy Immigration Services Private Limited in Chennai, India. More information is available on https://www.murthyindia.com/.

Archived