H1B- Employer change

HeavenandEarth

Hello,

I am currently working with a employer A and Visa is valid till OCT 2014, they are extending my Visa. They already applied my extension.

Now i got another offer from employer B , is it possible to change employer at this time ( as my current my h1b is still valid, but employer A applied for extension)?

If Employer B has to file my transfer how long before they need to apply before my visa expires?

can i have two receipts at same time?

Thanks

"If Employer B has to file my transfer how long before they need to apply before my visa expires?"

=> Yes B can file H1b for you. They should have the notice date before your current H1b's expiry date. (Not Visa expiry date, Visa is independent of H1b status/ I797 date) 

As all H1b petitions are independent of each other, A's H1b has nothing to do with B's.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank for the reply.

i have a subsequent question

My H1B with my Employer A is expiring on oct 20 2014, he filed my extension.

Employer B also filing my H1B before oct 20, after i get approval probably after oct 20, i want to change to employer B.

Can i change my employer A after oct 20 ?  i am also giving 2 weeks notice, is that be ok? i won't be in any out of status at that time?

Thanks

Archived