My first H1B visa stamping, looking for reassurance

letmeknowguys

Hello everyone,

I have my H1B interview coming up on September 15th in Montreal, and I'm starting to get nervous. This is my first ever H1B visa stamping.

I will be working with Company A for the first time in October and this is my first ever job. Would you mind letting me know which interview questions and documents (other than the standard package given to me by my employer) I should be prepared for?

I have looked at the different lists of documents provided in this wonderful forum but am not sure if they apply to me, being my first job and H1B visa stamping and all.  If you have any sort of insights to share, I'd really appreciate it!

Summary:

- 1st ever job in the US

- 1st ever H1B stamping (Montreal, Canada)

- Looked at the comprehensve list of documents and interview questions and I'm wondering if some still apply to me (Paystubs, Employee badges, Employer Tax returns etc)

All the best to all of you and I'm sure it will go well for all of us.

In my experience, first time stamping or nth time stamping - they are almost all the same. Obviously, if it's your first job, you wouldn't have pay stubs from previous job. Carry as much documents as you could and just relax. Even after 10 years in US, I also got the blue when I went to 3rd H1b stamping in Toronto in Jan-13.

Have you done your MS in the US? If not then you are not eligible to get your visa stamped in Canada..you'll have to go to your home country.

There is no such list of Visa Interview questions..it all depends on each individual case by case...your H1 docs should be good enough for successful stamping.

Have you done your MS in the US? If not then you are not eligible to get your visa stamped in Canada..you'll have to go to your home country.

There is no such list of Visa Interview questions..it all depends on each individual case by case...your H1 docs should be good enough for successful stamping.

Actually, I only have a Bachelor's Degree from a Canadian University. My immigration lawyer didn't say that that would be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived