H1B General Stamping Question

ruturajvarne

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this forum. These questions might sound funny to you but please guide me.

BACKGROUND:

-----------------

I have recently changed my job from Employer 'X' to Employer 'Y'. I was working for Employer 'X' from July 2010 till June 2014 (Almost 4 years) on H1B. 

SITUATION 1:

------------------------

1. As I am with my new employer 'Y' and completed only 3 months with new employer 'Y'.

2. My passport will expire in exact 8 months. 

3. I do not have experience letter from my previous employer 'X'. But I do have pay stub, I 797 and joining letter from employer 'X'.

4. I am planning to go to Vancouver, Canada for H1B stamping. Somewhere in December 2014.

5. I do have all required document with my current employer 'Y'.

6. I got below mentioned extensions with my previous employer 'X' and current employer 'Y':

Sept 2009 to Sept 2011. - My Previous Employer 'X' - I lost this original document but I do have a copy of this document.

Sept 2011 to Sept 2014. - My Previous Employer 'X' - I have original Document with me.

May 2014 to June 2016.  - My Current Employer 'Y' - I have original Document with me.

NOTE: I have my I-140 approved with my previous employer 'X'. New Green Card is in process with current Employer 'Y'.

7. After I entered into USA in 2010, I never went back to India. I was in USA on extension(mentioned above), all the time.

QUESTIONS BASED ON SITUATION 1:

-----------------------------------------------

1. Is it safe to go for H1B stamping based on above mentioned situations?

2. If VO asks "why did you change your job?" or "why did you change your employer?". What answer should I give here which will not create any wrong impression in VO's mind.

SITUATION 2:

------------------------

With my current Employer 'Y', I am working for 'ABC' as a subcontractor through 'XYZ'.

i.e.  'ABC' is client of 'XYZ' and 'XYZ' is client of my Employer 'Y'.

QUESTIONS BASED ON SITUATION 2:

1. So 'XYZ' is considered as my VENDOR here. Is that correct understanding?

2. During H1B stamping interview, if VO ask "who is your client?" or "who is your end client?". What should I say here.

3. Do I need to carry two client letter (one from 'XYZ' and one from 'ABC')

4. What information does these letter(s) should have (e.g. Duties, Hours, Project Details etc.)?

5. Do I need to carry the visiting cards of managers from both ('ABC' and 'XYZ'). Just in case VO wants to talk to them or send an email.

QUESTIONS BASED ON SITUATION 1:
1. Is it safe to go for H1B stamping based on above mentioned situations?
2. If VO asks "why did you change your job?" or "why did you change your employer?". What answer should I give here which will not create any wrong impression in VO's mind.

1. Yes

2. Truth.

QUESTIONS BASED ON SITUATION 2:
1. So 'XYZ' is considered as my VENDOR here. Is that correct understanding?
2. During H1B stamping interview, if VO ask "who is your client?" or "who is your end client?". What should I say here.
3. Do I need to carry two client letter (one from 'XYZ' and one from 'ABC')
4. What information does these letter(s) should have (e.g. Duties, Hours, Project Details etc.)?
5. Do I need to carry the visiting cards of managers from both ('ABC' and 'XYZ'). Just in case VO wants to talk to them or send an email.

1. Yes

2. Truth, working location organization's name

3. Yes

4. Ask your employer

5. That's up to you.

Situation1
Q1 - Going for H1b visa stamping anytime has a risk involved. But, hey, we all take that risk, right? So, don't worry and just appear for H1b interview with positive mindset.

Q2 - well, you know why you changed the job / employer - I would stick to challenging role, assignment etc.

Situation2
Q1 - ABC - your client and XYZ - vendor

Q2 - client or end client - will always be ABC. Usually VO is not interested in vendor.

Q3 - Yes, you should. Client letter is absolutely necessary.
Q4 - Duties, hrs, project details, start date, end date, sentences that client don't control your employment, your employer controls your salary, benefits etc. employment related details.
Q5 - You can carry. If they want to talk to client manager, usually they would get this info from the client letter. If not, they will ask for your client manager's email / phone etc. In my case, they straight away called him - we had his contact no mentioned on client letter.

Archived