Dropbox options for H1B visa stamping at Chennai

harry81

I have had my recent H1B approval and planning to go for Visa stamping in Chennai, India. Even though I have got stamping in different places, I have never attempted h1b visa stamping in India before and would like to try now. I have renewed H1b visa with the same petitioner this time. My prior visa is still valid with the same petitioner now. Am I eligible for dropbox at Chennai? or is it required for me to have stamped in India at least once before for dropbox option?

Thank you for your help!

I have had my recent H1B approval and planning to go for Visa stamping in Chennai, India. Even though I have got stamping in different places, I have never attempted h1b visa stamping in India before and would like to try now. I have renewed H1b visa with the same petitioner this time. My prior visa is still valid with the same petitioner now. Am I eligible for dropbox at Chennai? or is it required for me to have stamped in India at least once before for dropbox option?

Thank you for your help!

No, you are not eligible. Your latest H1B visa should have been stamped in India to be eligible.

Archived