I 797 without I 94 New york Driver license

sivashankarapandian

I have valid H1B visa and I 797 copy .I applied for driver license in Albany , NY . DMV says it cannot process since I 797 does not have I 94 with it .I gave I 94 print out from online and DMV people says cannot be accepted.They need I 797 with I94 thats the only document can be accepted.I need New york state ID for my job. I dont know what to do .Any body came across situation like this. Please help.

I have valid H1B visa and I 797 copy .I applied for driver license in Albany , NY . DMV says it cannot process since I 797 does not have I 94 with it .I gave I 94 print out from online and DMV people says cannot be accepted.They need I 797 with I94 thats the only document can be accepted.I need New york state ID for my job. I dont know what to do .Any body came across situation like this. Please help.

what happened to your I94??

• 2 weeks later...

I have I 94  online print out . But DMS is not accepting it . Since they are expecting to come with H1 Approval petition which is not since i am getting H1b Approval first time . So only way I 94 Attached to H1b Arppova pertition is during extension.

So explain them that I94 is online and cannot have paper I94 unless and until the current H1 expires.

Archived