I have B1/B2 visa and H1B approved. Can I visit on B1 B2.

anuu13

I have b1/b2 visa (approved in 2013)…till date I haven’t visited USA …. This year my H1B got approved. However, I’m not going to actually start working for my prospective employer until November. I need to go to USA in September for personal reason.

My question is it possible for me to visit on B1 B2 and do I need to face negative consequences while H1B stamping at local embassy. 

I have b1/b2 visa (approved in 2013)…till date I haven’t visited USA …. This year my H1B got approved. However, I’m not going to actually start working for my prospective employer until November. I need to go to USA in September for personal reason.

My question is it possible for me to visit on B1 B2 and do I need to face negative consequences while H1B stamping at local embassy. 

No, you are good to go.

I believe you can visit on B1/B2. There shouldn't be impact for your H1-B stamping. I remember a friend visiting US for personal reasons on B1/B2 after he departed US on L1-B.

Archived