H4 to H1 transfer for MSc Biotechnology

deep3by4

I have a postgraduation in Biotechnology from India.Right now I am residing in US under H4 visa.

If I do an online course in IT like Java programming, can H1 be processed by an employer who is ready to recruit me.

Since most of my educational background is into Biotechnology area and not related to IT, is there any issues foreseen during an H1B petition processing.

I have a postgraduation in Biotechnology from India.Right now I am residing in US under H4 visa.

If I do an online course in IT like Java programming, can H1 be processed by an employer who is ready to recruit me.

Since most of my educational background is into Biotechnology area and not related to IT, is there any issues foreseen during an H1B petition processing.

For an IT job on H1B visa you need to have at least 4 years bachelor's degree in that field.

For H1 approval you need to have minimum of 4 yrs of bachelor's degree related to your H1 job.

Archived