H1B W2 Question

vshee

Dear All,

I have a situation where I need your suggestion. I am planning to go to my H1B Stamping in October 2014 as my H1B got approved recently in May 2014.

In the past I have worked for 2 consultancies. In the month of February 2014 I got a Full Time Offer with an American Company and I availed that opportunity. 

The American Company Sponsored my H1 and since then I am working with that company. Now the question is I do not have a W2 generated from the American Company where I am working.

If the VO asks me for recent W2 I have to show two W2's and both of them are from different companies that I worked past. 

1) Will that be fine if I show the past W2's

2) If the VO looks at the LCA then the salary doesn't match with the W2's but it matches with the Paychecks that are being generated by the American Company where I am working. so will that be fine?

Or do you think I should postpone my travel and go Next Year for my VISA Interview?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I am confused.

Dear All,

I have a situation where I need your suggestion. I am planning to go to my H1B Stamping in October 2014 as my H1B got approved recently in May 2014.

In the past I have worked for 2 consultancies. In the month of February 2014 I got a Full Time Offer with an American Company and I availed that opportunity. 

The American Company Sponsored my H1 and since then I am working with that company. Now the question is I do not have a W2 generated from the American Company where I am working.

If the VO asks me for recent W2 I have to show two W2's and both of them are from different companies that I worked past. 

2) If the VO looks at the LCA then the salary doesn't match with the W2's but it matches with the Paychecks that are being generated by the American Company where I am working. so will that be fine?

1. Yes

2. No problem, at the end of the year your W2 should match with LCA salary.

Dear All,

Or do you think I should postpone my travel and go Next Year for my VISA Interview?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I am confused.

The paystubs from the current employer usually show your salary year-to-date. That's essentially what would end up on the W2 at the end of the year. So having recent paystubs should be fine.

Archived