RFE in H1B Transfer Premium Processing (Vermont)

bhaveshlad27

H1B Transfer Premium Processing Filed - 29th July

RFE Notice Received - 11th August

My attorney is planning to submit the documents for RFE on Monday 18th August.

Can anyone who has recently gone through something similar, please inform me as how long does it take for the decision to be made once the documents are submitted for RFE under PP at Vermont.

Any help will be appreciated.

I have submitted my RFE documents on Aug 15(according to USPS tracking USCIS received my document on 15th Aug 12:10 PM). My application filed under premium processing only. My case status still showing as "Request For Evidence", no status change after my documents submission. How about your case? any status update like "RFE: to "RFE docs review" like that? please reply me.

Hi,

Mine is a similar case of H1 transfer from current employer to new employer.

H1B filed by new employer in PP at Vermont Center on July 25th 2014. Got acknowledgement reciept on 30th July.

Got an RFE on USCIS website on Aug 8th 2014. But my lawyer received RFE mail only on 13th Aug.It was asking for SOW.

Lawyer responded by Fedex on 15th Aug 2014. 

As per my lawyer the Fedex was delivered to USCIS on Aug 18th 2014.

But still today its a week and in USCIS website the status is RFE. My lawyer said USCIS will give decision in 15 calendar days.

Can anyone tell me the following:-

1) Does the status changes to RFE response review or it goes directly to decision?

2) Is it 15 days from the day USCIS receive the RFE document they give the decision or is it from the day they update the status in website to response review (if any) 15 days is calculated?

3) Can anyone suggest how long USCIS is taking currently to give RFE response?

Thanks & Regards,

Chayan

Hello Chayan2014

I was in a similar case. When my RFE was submitted to USCIS on August 18th, the status on online tracking never changed to anything. Infact even today the status says - RFE.

However we received an email from USCIS on Friday that the petition is approved. So do not count on online status change but yes you can definitely count on the 15 days since the day the shipment was received by USCIS.

Thanks Bhaveshlad27 for the update.

Can you please let me know what was your RFE about and what documents your lawyer provided.

In my case my lawyer have not received any communication from USCIS yet and also there is no update in the website. So not sure what is going on.

Do they send email to your lawyer or to you? Also please let me know if the online status is updated in USCIS website.

Thanks & Regards,

Dwaipayan Chakraborty

Hi All,

Today my case status got updated in USCIS website again to Initial Review  instead of RFE response review and it states that:-My case was already a premium processing one.

"Your Request for Premium Processing Service for your I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was received on August 26, 2014. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

I am not sure what is going on. If anyone have faced this kind of situation before please let me know ? 

@chayan2014

At least consider yourself lucky that the case status is updated and notified that they have started working. Since it is PP - you should count 15 days from today and expect a reply. In fact I would expect a reply very soon. 

My case was never updated to this but remember things are updated at delay on USCIS website.

Stay Positive !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Currently i'm in same situation.

I have responded to my RFE on Sep 24th to Vermont service center

and by Fedex tracking we can track that USCIS received my package on Sep 25th at 12:20 PM. Still then the site is not updated and it is still showing "Request for Evidence". It's been 12 calender days and not sure what is going on with the case.

My attorney called USCIS and they confirmed that they received my package but still no response yet. I'm more worried because my I94 will expire on Oct 10th and in any worst case i will not have any 2nd chance for staying here in USA.

Anyone in same situation as me..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Currently i'm in same situation.

I have responded to my RFE on Sep 24th to Vermont service center

and by Fedex tracking we can track that USCIS received my package on Sep 25th at 12:20 PM. Still then the site is not updated and it is still showing "Request for Evidence". It's been 12 calender days and not sure what is going on with the case.

My attorney called USCIS and they confirmed that they received my package but still no response yet. I'm more worried because my I94 will expire on Oct 10th and in any worst case i will not have any 2nd chance for staying here in USA.

Anyone in same situation as me..

Any updates ? 

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have also received RFE on my premium processing case h4 to h1b.

Rfe received by fax-may 6 2015.

Rfe responded by fax - may 11 2015.

Uscis case status changed to response received.Waiting for decision.Does USCIS review the case completely before issuing rfe.They just send rfe as when they encounter issues.

Really tensed.These days getting picked in lottery is high thing.On top of it RFE is makes us very sad.

• 3 months later...

Even I have recieved a RFE from Vermont on speciality occupation.

My attorney responded on 2nd September. But still the status on USCIS portal has not changed. It still says "Request for evidence" has been sent.

It has been more than 10 days the Attorney has responded and no status change.

H1b transfer filed on 5th Aug under premium processing

RFE on 17th Aug

RFE responded on 2nd Spetember

I have submitted my RFE documents on Sep 14th(according to Fedex tracking USCIS received my document on 14th Sep 10:09 AM). My application filed under premium processing only. My case status still showing as "Request For Evidence", no status change after my documents submission. How much time will it take for them to review our docs and update the site. please reply me. Thank you in advance.

I have submitted my RFE documents on Sep 14th(according to Fedex tracking USCIS received my document on 14th Sep 10:09 AM). My application filed under premium processing only. My case status still showing as "Request For Evidence", no status change after my documents submission. How much time will it take for them to review our docs and update the site. please reply me. Thank you in advance.

Website is not updated regularly. You will get a decision in 15 calendar days.

Archived