H1B sponsorship by startup company.

Girirajchalke

Hi,

I am currently doing my masters and will get graduated in December 2014. I have an offer from a small startup company . The company has only 2 employees and the owner of company is ready to sponsor me H1B and for that I have to gather all information and provide to owner. The company is in Irvine CA.

Que 1: Can such a small company sponsor H1B VISA?

Que2: What would be minimum pay scale I should get so that I can get H1B?

Que3:  Is there any requirement to show companys turnover and if yes what should be minimum requirement for that?

Que4: If the owner says me to find an attorney for this paperwork then where can I look for it?

Que5 : My opt period will start from December and if it is possible that this company can sponser me H1B then when should I start for this and what should be my first step?

Please help me in this matter .Thank you in advance.

Que 1: Can such a small company sponsor H1B VISA?

Que2: What would be minimum pay scale I should get so that I can get H1B?

Que3:  Is there any requirement to show companys turnover and if yes what should be minimum requirement for that?

Que4: If the owner says me to find an attorney for this paperwork then where can I look for it?

Que5 : My opt period will start from December and if it is possible that this company can sponser me H1B then when should I start for this and what should be my first step?

1. Yes

2. Check DOL website for that. Your employer should do that work.

3. That's employer's job to do, you have nothing to do here

4. This forum is run by attorney firm

5. H1 will be filed on April 1st and will be effective from Oct 1st.

What USCIS is looking for is that the company can pay the salary. The salary has to be the prevailing wage.

If the startup has a business plan and venture capital, it would be possible to file an H1.

The company apparently has no clue about H1s, so they need to consult with an immigration lawyer. You are posting on the forum of a good immigration law firm...

Archived