h1b approved in 2008, stamped in 2009 but never entered usa.


Recommended Posts

Hi yaa,


I have got my h1b approved in year 2008 and i got approved that visa in the year 2009. but never entered usa and my visa got expired. 


Now I want to enter USA on my h1b. please let me know any possibilities. I have heard that I need not apply for a fresh h1b rather re approve the old h1b. please let me know what can be done for this.


Thanks and Regards,

Umesh Ramidi.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Any employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval you can apply for a H1B visa. With a valid H1B visa and I797 you can enter US.


Hi yaa,  Thanks for your reply.  But I am hearing that this has to be applied with in 6 years and in my case six years is passed away.  please advice.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.