Moving back to US with previously approved I140


Recommended Posts

I have approved I140 in 2010 from company A and then joined company B  in 2011 with approved I140 and H1b approved for 3 years. I moved back to India in 2012 due to personal reasons and company B didn’t start my GC process when I left  and looks like my I140 wasn’t revoked  from company A. And yeah, i was on 7th year of H1b when  i left US. I have been in India close to 2 years now. I want to move back to USA. Did any one have similar situation? Does any one have any idea what options I have?


Appreciate your information.




Link to comment

Having an approved I-140 does not give any immigration status, the options you have would be the same as anyone wanting to come to US. 


If for Job, then H/L or other work visa, if for visit B visa.


Or If an employer is willing to file GC for you then you can capture the PD from your approved I-140 and then once that PD is current then file for CP and then come to US on GC.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.