H1B Stamping Questions

FL2Jamaica

Hello Friends,

Need your inputs for my case:

1) Married 8 months back, done with her H4 and my H1B stamping (expiring Nov 2014), but now living seperately from last 4 months and planning to file for divorce. Excluded her as dependent (H4) during my H1B extension.

2) Can i go for my H1B stamping in Nov without having divorce copy/court order?

3) Shall i wait till I get all divorce documents from court and then plan for H1B stamping?

4) what should I fill in DS 160 about marital status (Not divorced yet)? Not sure of getting divorce by Nov.

Thanks in Advance

Yes, you can go for stamping. In DS160 form you have to mention your marital status as married till your divorce gets confirmed.

Thank you Jairichi.

1) Do I need to take court order from india (like petition in process) before going to H1B stamping?

2) Dependent H4 extension was not filed when i filed for my H1B extension? will this be any additional questions for H1B stamping?

Thank you Jairichi.

1) Do I need to take court order from india (like petition in process) before going to H1B stamping?

2) Dependent H4 extension was not filed when i filed for my H1B extension? will this be any additional questions for H1B stamping?

1. No need for a court order at all

2. No issue at all and there will not be any question about that.

Archived