DON'T GO FOR VISA STAMPING NOW

123zzyx

Don't go for visa stamping until the Computer issues have been fixed. If you have option to postpone your appointment, please do so.

I came here to Jamaica for Visa stamping. Interview was on Monday 28th and it went fine, but because of the computer glitches I did not get my passport - which I was supposed to get it today. They are even not able to give approx time frame.

Lot of H1b's are stuck here. Today there were more than 30 people who were waiting for their passports at the consulate. Some are waiting for more than 10 days. Worst part, there is no way to get out of here. Even if you want to go to India, all flights from here go either via US or UK which need a transit visa. 

Some people are getting their passports randomly, in no order or fashion, just by luck. The Visa officer addressed all those who did not get their passports and said that they could do nothing unless the Washington servers are fixed. It seems they have to check or approve in their databases back in Washington to print the visa and it is happening randomly for few people. Rest others are stuck here. 

They do not have any idea when this is going to be fixed!

Hey thanks for the information my appointment is on 4th August and i am not sure what i am going to do, there are 2 more people who have same date, can i have you number so that i can whatsapp you so that i can get current information. I appreciate your help man. I hope you all get the passport soon.

Thank is advanced

Hey thanks for the information, i have a appointment on 4th Aug and i am not sure what i am going to do, can you share me your phone number on ************@gmail.com so that i can whatsapp you and know the current status, i hope you all get the visa soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Well, I agree you asking them to be professional, you too please be the same!

At least, I can understand their frustration with marriages in the next couple of weeks....what is your reason? If it was 221g....I guess they know that they have to stay. But it is not. You not only lose couple of thousand....there might be a career at stake...or a marriage in a week....and also some people are having Jamaican entry expiring in couple of days.....oh yeah..and some came as vacation with family and kids....and are stuck here.

Instead of infighting or one giving advise to each other........it would be advantageous if everyone collectively bargain to find some alternative if this is going to continue.....Yeah i agree one should behave professionally and give respect to process.....at the same time give some respect to those who are suffering because of it....

Oh..by  the way....for those who do not know...about 12-15 years ago.(don't remember exact time frame)....they didn't have separate H1b stamping...you get your visa along with H1b. I don't understand the process or logic for having to get stamping out of country. And why this continued.......because we just suffer no matter how much pain they throw at us.....

Change is not impossible if we collectively fight for it...but we are busy complaining and giving advise to  each other....

guys dont fight.....so @123zxyz , sad that you have to wait , but why didn't you cancel your appointment when you knew that the system was down?? @Jamrocks, bro I am with you. but lets not use profanity on murthy forum man....

@123zxyz.....everyone has their plans and everyone has their own thoughts around it. so if someone has to cancel they will. I made plans long ago and I am coming too on august 4th. all respect to CA-DOS that they are still working on a broken system and not closing the window on us. what would you do in that case?

so stop being impatient, as a DBA I know what database challenges are and it will take several weeks to come back to normal.

thanks for looking.

Hey thanks for the information my appointment is on 4th August and i am not sure what i am going to do, there are 2 more people who have same date, can i have you number so that i can whatsapp you so that i can get current information. I appreciate your help man. I hope you all get the passport soon.

Thank is advanced

Hi Amairit,

I am new member here. Just signed up to caution you guys out there of the VISA stamping issues.Not sure if there is a way to send PM or email here.

It depends on which side you would fall. You might get it in a couple of days as some people did or might take longer. If I were you, I would postpone if VISA stamping is not a priority for you at this point. Even if the system is back up by next week, there is huge backlog. Also, I think, Aug - 6th, wed is a holiday for the consulate here.

guys dont fight.....so @123zxyz , sad that you have to wait , but why didn't you cancel your appointment when you knew that the system was down?? @Jamrocks, bro I am with you. but lets not use profanity on murthy forum man....

@123zxyz.....everyone has their plans and everyone has their own thoughts around it. so if someone has to cancel they will. I made plans long ago and I am coming too on august 4th. all respect to CA-DOS that they are still working on a broken system and not closing the window on us. what would you do in that case?

so stop being impatient, as a DBA I know what database challenges are and it will take several weeks to come back to normal.

thanks for looking.

Agreed totally that they need to exhibit some patience and I shouldn't have fretted in my earlier post. I was irked when one cannot show a little bit compassion towards someone who is suffering, no matter what the reason might be.

I reported as I saw it Y’day. One has to make their own decision either to go or not depending on their situation.

I thought someone should caution, as I haven’t seen anything from people who are facing these situations and people depend on these forum postings to a certain degree. All people see is who are approved. no one wrote abot the ones who are stuck.

Lastly @

Why I came? Why I chose Jamaica? Why I didn’t go to India? Why I didn't canel?

Everyone has their own personal reasons and I need not explain.

Update - almost everyone got their VISA today except 4-5 persons. Most likely they would get it Monday morning.

Jamaican Consulate personnel worked really hard today to clear everyone's VISA today. Special Thanks to the young lady ( do not know her name) who managed to clear so many VISA's including the long pending ones.

Archived