H1B Transfer Premium Processing: Travel Question

abyk

My new employer filed my H1B petition yesterday and I am assuming that it will take around 15 days for the approval and an additional 1 week for the hard copy of the approved petition to reach me.

I have planned vacation out of the USA starting 21st August and am aware that the hard copy of the approved petition would be required to re-enter the USA.

I was wondering if in case I don't get to carry the hard-copy of the approved petition with me within the stipulated time period, can I ask someone to Scan and use the scanned version of the approval to re-enter?

Thanks!

My new employer filed my H1B petition yesterday and I am assuming that it will take around 15 days for the approval and an additional 1 week for the hard copy of the approved petition to reach me.

I have planned vacation out of the USA starting 21st August and am aware that the hard copy of the approved petition would be required to re-enter the USA.

I was wondering if in case I don't get to carry the hard-copy of the approved petition with me within the stipulated time period, can I ask someone to Scan and use the scanned version of the approval to re-enter?

Thanks!

Yes, you can but it is always suggested to carry your hard copy. Ask your employer to FedEx it to your address of stay during vacation.

First of all, till what time your current I797 is valid, you can reenter based on your old I797 also. I think you have consider a best scenerio for your case 15 days for decision and 1 week for getting hardcopy. My application has also been filed under Premium this May first week after that I got RFE and then RFE response, approval took till June end. The best part, I am yet to get the hardcopy of approval. I checked with my attorney as per them currently it is taking around 5 weeks to get the copy of it due to load in USCIS.

Giving you these details from my experience so that you can plan accordingly.

Best of Luck!

Thanks Jai and Sarthak!

My current i797 is valid until 2016, so that should'nt be an issue. I am hoping my H1B is approved before I leave. Is it ok if I show the old i797 and tell the immigration officer that my petition has been electronically approved?

Archived