H1B visa approved on July 21st at Kingston, Jamaica

bsingam

Hello All

Finally!!! It's my turn to write my first H1B visa interview experience at Kingston, Jamaica. I am on H1B extension.

Immigration questions at Kingston, Jamaica

Give them passport and I797

Why are you here?

When are you leaving?

Visa interview Questions :-

Can I see your W2?

What is your company?

How long you have been with your company?

Who is your client?

What do you do for them?

Did you do your masters?

What did you do in your Masters?

Where do you live?

Immigration questions at Fort Laurdel, USA

Where are you coming from?

What do you do?

Where are you heading to?

How much cash are you carrying?

Interview was quick and not even last for 45 Secs. I had interview on Monday and took the passport on Wednesday.
Reid cab was really helpful in picking and dropping everyone. I stayed in Knustford hotel, decent place they provide you good breakfast and wifi is good too.
Tandoor restaurant is just walkable to Knustsford Hotel, food is really good. One more Indian restaurant Tamarind, which is near to embassy food is really tasty. I recommend everyone to be in Jamaica a day before the interview and make sure you arrive in the day light. If possible book the refundable return ticket and once you pick the passport you can book the non-refundable ticket, because in some cases passports are not issuing on the expected day.

Thanks for all your help.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Hi Bsingam,

In how many days did you get the visa stamped? considering the delay issue which all applicants are facing.

Hello,

I attended the interview on Monday, I picked the passport on Wednesday. It was not consistent, few of them picked the passport on expected day and few did not. 

Archived